Sri Raya Ramanada Samvada: Svadharma-acarana, Carrying Out One's Own Prescribed Duties, Meaning of Sarva-Dharma-Parityajya & Svarupa Siddhi
Sri Raya Ramananda Samvada:
- Mahaprabhu went to Sri Raya Ramananda and asked his first question about: ‘what jiva wants and how he will get it?’ Everybody wants happiness. But sorrows, diseases and death would come, different types of problems will also come.
- Materialistic happiness is not the real happiness, it is only sorrow. People are always after 3 Ws, i.e. Women, Wealth and Wine and all these three things can never give happiness in life.
- Raya Ramananda explained that if Svadharma acarana (performing the prescribed Vedic activities) is adopted in life, then there will be happiness. We will have to perform bhajana because the Lord is the creator, caretaker, and we have come from him and we are His part and parcel.
- "Svadharma acarana" means don't tell lies, serve parents, serve Guru, and guests because they are a form of the Lord. Along with the other worldly duties, one should worship Visnu.
- If Visnu Bhakti along with "Varnasrama Dharma" is prominent, then it may give happiness.
- The soul has no relationship with "Varnasrama Dharma" because it is only related to body and mind. That is why it is called "external".
- The meaning of Karma.
- Meaning of "Sarva Dharman Parityajya”.
- Like Sukadeva Gosvami and Narada Muni, leave everything to achieve Krsna, then there will be no attachment to this material world. Therefore, leave attachment and think that they all (parents, wife, son, daughter etc.) are serving Krsna.
- examples given to explain the verse "Sarva Dharman Parityajya "
- Sri Rama left Sita ji
- Sukadeva gosvami left his mother
- Mahaprabhu set an example by leaving everything
- Raja Hariscandra's story
- Krsna has said that those who serve me, I make them free from all debts.
- If realization of any of the five rasas i.e. santa, dasya, sakhya, vatsalya and madhurya take place, then that is called "svarupa siddhi".
- By serving Krsna, everyone is served.
- Bhakti is the dharma of the soul.
- One who is chanting like Srila Rupa Gosvami, Sanatana Gosvami and Thakura Haridasa, are known to be acaryas, not others.
- Keep on chanting, reading, hearing and remembering from your siksa guru, it will help you in attaining that stage.
- Svarupa cannot be changed, it will remain the same.
- Who can get prema bhakti?
- Serving Krsna is called bhakti.
- Hearing about Nama, Rupa, Guna, Lila of Krsna, will lead to Shuddha bhakti.
- In Vraja prema, there is no "maryada".
- Among all the gopis, radha prema is the supreme.
- Our final goal is to attain Krsna prema, not Krsna.
- The love of Sri Radha is the top most "sadhya".
- Mahaprabhu came to this world to give Krsna prema and we want that type of Guru who can give us the top most mood of manjari so that we can serve Sri Radharani.